What Gen Z Wants Most From Product Partners
Learn about what Gen Z needs from distributors
Welcome to Design Nerds Anonymous: “The Gen Z Confessionals,” a miniseries dedicated to exploring the impact of Gen Z’s entrance to the workforce and the ways they are making waves in the design industry. Each episode includes unfiltered, anonymous insights from top Gen Z talent who participated in a “design confessional” hosted by ThinkLab at Interior Design’s 30 Under 30 networking events for 2022.
Subscribe to view future episodes here:
Episodes in this Series
- Trailer: Gen Z is Coming to the Design Industry
- Gen Z's Entree into the Design Industry
- What GenZ Loves (and Hates) About the Design Industry
- What Gen Z Wants Most From Product Partners (you are here)
Design Nerds Anonymous Podcast
The Gen Z Season, Episode 03 Show Notes
In this episode of Design Nerds Anonymous (link), we pass the mic to the newest generations in the industry to learn what they need most from product manufacturers and distributors. You'll hear about how their workflow has changed, their biggest issues with websites, how to inspire them with your product, and more.
If you're a product manufacturer or distributor, this episode is a must-listen. Hear directly from Gen Z designers from Interior Design’s 30 Under 30 about what they need most from your brand, and how you can solve their biggest challenges to become their preferred go-to.
Want to become a ThinkLab insider? Use the link to learn more and hear the rest of this episode!
Highlights from this Episode
- Workflow changes in 2020: Learn how the next generation's workflow has changed when it comes to product selection, and how you can adapt to meet their needs.
- Website issues: Discover the biggest issues designers face when using manufacturer and distributor websites, and how you can make yours better.
- Inspiring with your product: Hear about the best ways to inspire the next generation with your product, and how to stand out from the competition.
- What designers need from reps: Get surprising insights into what the next generation needs from their reps, including their preferred balance between digital tools and personal connections.
- Big opportunities for leading brands: Learn how leading brands can go above and beyond to get noticed by the next generation.
- "It's really hard to get in front of us designers because of this virtual world. We’re trying to do things outside of the office, like events, or they’ll do specific events for our team specifically. Like, we have a book club with some reps, which is really nice, and it really allows us to pull in other vendors into the mix as well."
- "We're becoming more digital in the way that we design, and we want our clients to be able to visualize what the project will look like."
- "Sometimes too much is not good, so cut to the good stuff.
Did you know?
ThinkLab research shows that in general, individual workers still have about a 12 percent higher preference for hybrid work, while companies have about a 15 percent higher preference for more time in office.
Take Action on this Episode
Be the first in line to get our cutting-edge research on specifier personas: Specifer Personas for the Design Industry
Design Nerds Anonymous is a proud member of the SURROUND Podcast Network. Discover more shows from SURROUND at surroundpodcasts.com. This episode of Design Nerds Anonymous was produced and edited by SANDOW Design Group, with music from Blue Dot Sessions. Special thanks to the podcast production team: Hannah Viti, Wize Grazette, and Samantha Sager.